So of course after getting a bunch of new followers, I'm thinking of porting my actual #birdside profile over here to a new account with a not-so-silly and long handle. 😂
I slapped this together just to try it out, and I'm liking it!
OOOOH THE LOONEYS ARE OUT THERE! #MathIsRacist😂
1. RTs are Boosts, Likes are Favorites.
2. Boost & Like numbers aren't shown until you click the toot to prevent mobbing/ratio-trolling. (Smart)
3. You can only Boost (RT) without comment. Prevents cherry-picking the worst posts in order to strawman the worst examples (Very smart)
4. The Federated Timeline is those in your instance, and who people in your instance follow. It is not the "firehose" of every toot from every instance.
5. Dez Nuts
Victory: Virginia Supreme Court Delivers Blow to Police Use of License Plate Reader Technology to Track Drivers, Surveil Citizens https://t.co/kofkkvK5P8
Reasons why #birdsite is garbáge #671
since this is coming up again, i feel it's important to stress the following facts about privacy on mastodon:
- DMs are stored in plaintext in the database
- yes, this means admins can access them
- it also means they will be accessible if your instance DB is leaked
- however: this is the same as the situation on any other mainstream social media site
- at the end of the day you should make sure you trust your admins
- ultimately: don't use mastodon for privacy-critical messages
There are no secrets, only information you don’t yet have http://l.curry.com/f4P
I speak in verses 🎼
And curses 😱
Liberdon is a Mastodon instance for libertarians, ancaps, anarchists, voluntaryists, agorists, etc to sound off without fear of reprisal from jack or zuck. It was created in the wake of the Great Twitter Cullings of 2018, when a number of prominent libertarian accounts were suspended or banned.